I’m sick but I wanted to get this up quickly. I don’t have any photos, but hopefully I will be able to post some soon.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic and is great for fighting off illness. Combine the garlic with the healing properties of bone broth and we now have a battle! Here’s how we make it here.
I use more like 60 cloves, but 53 is probably where most people want to stop. A paleo version of this fabulous garlic soup with some additions to help kick a cold.
- 30 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 23 peeled garlic cloves, chopped
- Sesame Oil
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 stick butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 1/2 cups bone broth (my recipe)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Chipolté Pepper Flakes or Cayenne Pepper
- Blender/Immersion Blender
- In a baking dish, salt and pepper unpeeled garlic and sprinkle with Sesame Oil.
- Cover with foil or something less toxic.
- Roast Garlic in oven at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Let cool and then squeeze the garlic out of its peel. This is tedious and annoying but completely worth it in the log run.
- Saute, in coconut oil, 13 of the peeled cloves with 1/2 onion and herbs until onions are translucent.
- Add bone broth and bring to a near boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except coconut milk), including the remaining chopped garlic and onion and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Using the blender, blend until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and blend until well mixed.
- If you used a regular blender, pour back into pot. Reheat.
- Serve in bowls and top with Chipolté Pepper Flakes or Cayenne Pepper.